Monday, May 30, 2011

FEEL THE OCEAN BREEZE

This cake was made for a friend of mine, Kristen who came to me for a Huge 3 Tiered Ocean/Beach Themed Cake for her Boyfriend Robert. At first, I thought, o my gosh how am I going to pull this off?! Yet the more that my mind ran with ideas, details and the possibilities, I was ecstatic to go for it. This cake took a little over 12 HOURS to decorate and craft everything. Luckily I had my best friend Kelly Elizabeth sitting there next to me helping me rolling little fondant balls, crafting white chocolate sea shells and etc. I used inspiration from what felt like a dozen Google pictures of other beach cakes. After everything, It exceeded my expectations and completely tested my skills and creativity to the limit. I could not have been more proud of it. Thank You Kristen for allowing me to do such an awesome cake for Robert :)
I already have two girls that want you to make their birthday cakes after seeing this! Thanks again, everyone wanted to meet you! Next time! P.s. The cake was so delicious and moist, even Roberts chef was extremely impressed! Great job girl!    -Kristen Sanne (May 31st, 2011)