Sunday, October 23, 2011

RILEY & ZOE ARE 3

 These Sweet Little Cakes were made for my very own Baby Niece's, Riley Madison & Zoe Anne. Luckily Zoe was in town with Her Mom Sascha & My Aunt Sylvia that week. My Mom threw the most Adorable Birthday party for the both of them and of course I HAD to be the one to make their cakes! These 2 Girls are both So Beautiful inside and out, so I wanted to create a cake design that both represented their personalities as well as their love for the color *Pink*. I used the contrast of Dark Pink & Light Pink on both cakes. To individualize the cakes, I inverted the two shades of pink. This gave each cake its own unique touch and yet stayed true to the Matchy-Matchy design that I had desired. I absolutely loved the simple stitch work design that I created in vertical stripes along the seams of the cake. I also fell in love with the look of the Big Black Scrolly Lettering that I did for their names. To top it off, I borrowed my Mother's Beautiful Yellow Cake Stands that added the perfect pop of color for pictures. Riley & Zoe ended up LOVING My Red Velvet Cake with Sweet Oreo Cookie & Cream Filling in the middle! The Cakes were a hit, and I was more than honored to have made Riley & Zoe's 3rd Birthday THAT much more special :) Your Aunt Melissa Loves You Both So Much!