Wednesday, September 5, 2012

RED HAT SOCIETY LOVE

This was my first request for a Red Hat Society cake. It was ordered for an amazing woman's 80th birthday, and I knew that I HAD to give the cake some spunk! The ladies in these societies are always glammed up and decked out in deep purples, vibrant reds, pearls and of course fun hats! I chose to top the cake with a giant red had made entirely of rice crispy treats and marshmallow fondant. With the spunk of a large purple feather and white flowers, I was able to create the exact look that I was going for. I created a purple demask against a red cake to highlight the colors of this society. I then added a shimmer dusted pearl necklace to capture the classy essence of these women. I fell in love with this cake and I am sure the Birthday Girl LOVED it, would not doubt it!


 


Red Hat Society Cake <3