Wednesday, September 5, 2012

HAWAIIAN BREEZE

This tropical inspired cake was absolutely WAY TOO MUCH fun to make! Everything is once again, entirely edible and completely handcrafted. I Hand cut the giant white Hawaiian flower myself for the bulk of the cake design and paired it with an adorable pink and yellow flower that I dusted with edible shimmer dusts and powders. The Beach chair was one of my favorite parts and took almost 3 days to put to together. I had to wait while each of the pieces had dried. One of the main requests for this cake was to create an edible Laura, the birthday girl on top of the cake! I loved how adorable she turned out. I could not be more proud of her little sandals, her orange dress and my hand painted lettering on her dress and on the back of the cake. It was an overall success and I am SURE Laura loved it :)





Everyone loved it!!! Thanks so much Melissa! She was blown away :) 
Couldn't have asked for a more perfect cake. 
- Jessica Godwin [ August 11th, 2012]