Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TRAVIS & KELLY'S WEDDING

This particular cake was Specially created for my very own best friend of 19 years, Kelly Elizabeth and her new hubby, Travis Williams for their happily awaited Wedding Day on September 1st, 2012. I showed Kelly A TON of cake pictures and she literally just let me run free with all of my ideas for the design of this cake. We both fell IN LOVE with the idea of a circular tier covered in ombre ruffles that fade from a solid white to a deep cream color. To pull the deep cream colors into the rest of the cake design, I handcrafted a variety of different edible roses and flowers that looked absolutely gorgeous both in person and in pictures. The large black buttons going down the center of the second tier, were each pressed into a lace mold and dusted with an edible pearl shimmer dust. This gave them a gorgeous and elegant texture that my camera sadly could not capture! Kelly love love LOVED her Wedding cake and I could not even begin to express the amount of compliments that I received the entire reception about the design and especially the taste of each of the cake flavors! It was a HUGE success and I was sooo proud :) Congratulations again Travis and Kelly! I love you both so much.





 So Proud of My Creation!

Seriously words can not describe how in awe I was for 
that cake Melissa! You did THE best you've ever done, 
I am so thankful for you dude! Thank you so much!
 Best present!!!!!!!! You're amazing.
- Kelly Elizabeth Williams [ September 3rd, 2012]

 Melissa..I can't thank you enough for the most perfect 

beautiful delicious wedding cake that fit the theme of
 my daughter. You hold a place in my heart Melissa. 
Oh..I tasted every layer..YumYum Love
- Kim Murray [ September 6th, 2012]