Friday, June 7, 2013

QUEEN EMMA

This RIDICULOUSLY girly cake and cupcake duo was so much fun to make! I created this cake for a co-worker of my husband's for her daughter Emma's special seventh birthday! Their request for this particular cake design consisted of a ton of pink, edible glitter and the perfect amount of glitz and sparkle. I used black fondant to create a gorgeous and entirely edible crown on top of the cake, as well as several miniature edible crowns for the matching cupcakes. I added dramatic black fondant ruffles down the center of the cake and spiced it up with polka dots to give the cake a fun personality. I then mixed edible glitter with a small amount of vodka and painted the hot pink side of the cake to glam it up even more. I used my amazing Cricut Cake to cut out Emma's name out of black fondant to give it that stunning professional look. Finally for the cupcakes, I just let my imagination run wild and chose simple yet adorable designs that complimented the cake perfectly. They LOVED their order and I was soooo excited to give it to them :)