Thursday, May 19, 2011

GRADUATE & CELEBRATE

This cake was made for a friend of mine from high school, Jillian Padilla. She contacted me through Facebook to do a cake for her boyfriend, who was about to graduate from Cal Baptist University in May 2011. I had so much fun looking up Graduation cakes online to build my ideas for this cake. The graduation hat was my ultimate pride in this cake and yes, it was edible! It was also dusted with a gold shimmer dust, giving it some sparkle. The tassel took about 5 experiments and 45 minutes later to figure out! Haha it was only the final and perfect tassel that took less than a minute to create and a sprinkle of silver shimmer dust to top it off. It cracks me up how I  begin with everything BUT the easy design. Jill absolutely loved the cake and I could not have been more excited to send her off with the cake. Thank you Jill for letting me be apart of such a special day for your boyfriend!

French Vanilla Cake w/ Classic Buttercream Icing