Thursday, May 19, 2011

VNAIC OPEN HOUSE CAKE

This cake was created for the Visiting Nurse Association of Inland Counties Open House event located in Hemet, Ca. This cake has a unique story behind it. My husband and I were visiting my father-in-law in the hospital after a dirt biking injury. I had been drawing away in my little notebook with all different kinds of cakes and designs that I had spilling out of my head. Casey Rapp, representing the Visiting Nursing Association walked in to check on my father-in-law and could not help but notice my drawings. She really made me realize how unique my talent was and really influenced me to create a business out of my work. A business had never really occurred to me before then. Doing cakes for close friends was all I had known. She immediately got my information, called me the next day and before I knew it I had brought yet another creation to life. This post is a dedication to her for trusting me and giving me the chance to spread talent by giving to others. The look on a complete strangers face, in shock at a cake that ME, Melissa Bowman made, was priceless! Thank You Casey, doing this cake for you meant more than you know!

Triple Chocolate Cake w/ Sweet Buttercream Icing