Saturday, July 9, 2011

DA LAKERS GOT STYLE

This particular cake was a last minute order that I could absolutely not pass up! I had recently already created a Los Angeles Laker's cake, however this time I had the opportunity to expand on my ideas for this type of theme. A huge gold cake came to my mind, with a large glittery purple bow to compliment the idea of a "Birthday Cake". And of course, ever since I taught myself how to make those ADORABLE little sneakers, I have been trying to find every reason to be able create them on yet another cake! The Basketball is made entirely out of My Triple Chocolate Cake, Iced with my Sweet Buttercream Filling and covered in Fondant. The colors of this cake were so Bright and So fun to work with. I could not Thank My Mom enough for coming over to my house and cutting out over 60 Letters for me for all of the Lettering on this cake. I Love You Mom :) and I KNOW you love me for doing all of that.
French Vanilla & Triple Chocolate Cake w/ Sweet Buttercream Icing