Sunday, July 24, 2011

FIRE UP THE STREETS

This Cake was done for a Former Co-worker of mine and the best part, was that She LOVED It! I used a new edible painting technique with Gel Dye and a Secret Ingredient of mine ;) to give the cake a more Rustic look. I gave the base of the Cake a Cement look and engraved the Cement Lines to make it more realistic. The Brick work on this cake was a last minute decision and gave it the Exact look I was trying to go for! Aside from the Adorable Hand Crafted Fire Hydrant and my Rolled Up Fire Hose, My favorite were the little Silver Bolts that my Mother and I placed on the Fire hydrant! They were so tiny and yet practically transformed the look of the cake. Yet another Successful Creation and Something to be proud of .
Red Velvet Cake w/ Sweet Butter Cream Filling