Monday, September 26, 2011

BABY BLOOMER

This cake was created as a Baby Shower Cake for Emily Nylund and Her Sister, "Soon-To-Be" Mother of Baby Madison. I wanted to give this cake a Simple and Sweet look that represented everything that is beautiful in a little girls life. I used the technique of imprinting Stitch work along the leaves and flowers to give it a baby blanket feel as well. I am absolutely IN LOVE with these specific colors and love using the idea of contrast to pair them next to one another. I used my very handy Cricut Cake Cutter to cut out all of the flowers and leaves out of fondant and Handcrafted the larger Green flowers myself. This was the First cake that I have experimented different cake shapes such as the Round cake shape on the top tier and the Square cake shape on the bottom tier. As nervous as I was about this, It turned out to be absolutely adorable and Emily loved it! I was Very Happy with this one.
Thank you so SO very much to Melissa Bowman for the cake at the baby shower. Amanda and Dennis loved it and everyone there was absolutely amazed at how beautiful it was. She truly is very talented with her cakes and I wish her the best of luck with all of her others to come!!
-Emily Nylund (Sept. 19th, 2011)