Monday, July 23, 2012

LAVENDER MEETS HER MATCH

This exhilarating and spunky cake was created for a returning cake customer of mine and high school acquaintance, Amanda Kessler for her Sister Dana's 18th Birthday! Dana's first request for this cake was to incorporate a combination of lavender and a Tiffany & Co. inspired turquoise for her color choices. I was MORE than ecstatic to experiment with these two colors! Her second and final request was "To make it look cool!" Haha and that is Exactly what I did! I added a ton of pizazz by creating 3 unique handcrafted flowers and rimming each of them in my 24 karat edible gold shimmer paint as well as metallic gold coated pearls. I also added dramatic stripes to give the cake an exciting personality and then softened it with a simple lavender design on the opposite exterior of the cake. Dana absolutely LOVED it, especially with the additional dark purple, crazy fun feather sticking up that I just HAD to add! Thank you so much again Amanda and Dana :)




For Dana <3