Friday, July 6, 2012

LIONS FOR LEO

This cake is happily the 2nd cake that I have created for a friend of mine, Mayte Avila for yet another one of her family events! and My favorite part was that she gave me all freedom to do as I please for the design of this cake with her chosen colors and theme. I handcrafted the Baby Lions from fondant and created a Stitch work lining along side each of them to resemble a Baby blanket look. I also softened the cake by adding some adorable baby blue fondant buttons on the exterior that I fell absolutely in love with! Mayte loved the cake as well and most importantly, I had a ton of fun creating such a Sweet Delicate design for Baby Leo <3



French Vanilla Cake w/ Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling 

 Welcome Baby Leo!!! Our little lion!!! Cake courtesy of 
Melissa Bowman!!! Loved it!!!
- Mayte Avila [June 24th, 2012]