Monday, January 30, 2012

THING 1 & THING 2, HOW DO YOU DO?

These Adorable Dr. Seuss Inspired Thing 1 and Thing 2 Cupcakes, were created to compliment the Dr. Seuss "Cat in the Hat Cake" in my Previous Post! My Original plan for these Cupcakes, to my surprise did not work! It involved Large Pieces of Fluffy Blue Cotton Candy Placed on top of each Cupcake to Resemble the Funky Blue Hair of Dr. Seuss's Thing 1 and Thing 2 Characters. Over time the Moisture and/ or Air Surrounding the Cupcakes seemed to cause the Cotton Candy to completely disintegrate into a sticky mess! My Mom and I tried covering them and replacing each cupcake with fresh cotton candy, only leading to the same result. Thanks to My Mom's Last Minute idea, She whipped up some Turquoise Buttercream, We piped each of the Cupcakes with Off centered Whimsical Swirl, Topped them with Edible Red Pearls and I Simply hand painted some Basic Labels for each Treat. They turned out Even more Adorable than we had planned and the Cotton Candy disappointment was Gone! Lesson Learned with an Even Better Result :)
Featuring My Newest Filling
Red Velvet Cupcakes w/ a Chunky Smore Filling!
-Marshmallow Creme w/ Hershey Bar Chunks & Cinnamon Graham Crackers