Sunday, October 23, 2011

THAT BOY IS A WILD ONE

These 2 cakes happen to be the second cake order that I have received from Joseph and Erin Mayer. Aside from their original 2 Year Wedding Anniversary Cake that I had the opportunity to create, this time they simply chose to spoil their adorable little boy Jason. His birthday invitation included a deep blue background color and a sweet little baby zebra sitting at the bottom. I lit up when I saw the zebra and immediately became inspired. Erin had also requested for the larger cake to be in the shape of a number "1". This became a challenge for me due to the fact that I do not have a cake pan in the shape of a 1! However,  it is the challenges that I have faced in this so called "cake world", that have built me up and allowed me stand out among others. So I took matters into my own hands, hand carved the cake into my own interpretation of a child like 1 and was more than ecstatic at my accomplishment.