Monday, October 3, 2011

TIMELESS, BRIGHT & IN LOVE

This cake was done for an old High School friend of mine Allyson Zimmerman and her New Husband Skyler Ervin. They both currently live in Illinois and received the opportunity to have 2 Wedding Receptions for their friends and family in both Illinois and California. The California reception is where I come in! She contacted me months in advanced to create a beautiful cake based on her wedding colors. I have to admit, at first I was a little nervous about a Pink and Orange wedding cake. However, with a little exploration and thought, I decided to bring out these vibrant colors through my Hand crafted flowers. For the Flowers, I first died the fondant to a pastel pink and a light orange. I then, painted each individual flower petal, entirely made of marshmallow & powdered sugar, with an edible colored paint made from edible gel colors & surprisingly vodka, to create darker toned pink and orange variations. Once dried, I dusted the flowers with an edible petal shimmer dust to give it an elegant unbelievable look that bring people to look at me and say, "I can eat that?!" Which is my favorite reaction! In the end the Bride loved the cake and expressed that it was Exactly what she was looking for :) It can't get much better than that.
Picture Taken @ Monte De Oro Winery at the Event! :)
We loved the cake Melissa Anne Bowman!!!! It was absolutely beautiful! -The cake was great! It looked amazing, exactly what I had in mind! And it tasted amazing!!!
-Allyson Ervin (October 1st, 2011)