Monday, October 31, 2011

A ROARING 50th

This cake was not only special to me, but made for someone who reached out to me and made me realize how special I am as well. Deanne Hazelwood contacted me through e-mail one day, without any prior introduction or knowledge of one another. Her email was entitled, "I want to cry". She began her message to me by expressing, "I want to start by saying, "I don't know what I love most...you, or your cakes!". The email followed with her amazement of my website and the stories that I write that come along with each one of my cakes. I have never read such a heart felt letter from another that in which I have never met before. It is individuals like Deanne that make what I do and love that much more worth all of my time and effort. It is the drive behind my work that, upon reading her letter to me, made me cry too. I wanted to put everything I had into this cake. I wanted to challenge my techniques and give Deanne a cake filled of My Inspiration and mostly My Heart. I wanted to create something for her that was just as powerful as the impact that she had on me. Aside from the Feathers on top, Everything on this cake is Edible, and the challenge of that alone was rewarding. My Mom stood by my side during the entire process of this cake, putting together the necklaces, creating the STUNNING "50" Poker Chip On top and constantly supporting me as she always does. Thank you Mom, I Love You and Thank You Again Deanne so much for trusting me with your 50th Birthday Cake and coming into my life for more reasons than you know.


Hi Melissa, I can't even begin to tell you how Thankful I am to you for Agreeing to squeeze my cake order into your very compacted schedule...I Knew Immediately, Without a doubt, That you were the one I Wanted & Trusted to make my Milestone Cake. Everyone Loved It! You Completely "Hit it out of the Park", as one of my guests put it. I have a TON of Great Pictures of it. One of My guests uploaded it to his Facebook with the caption, "Now That's a Cake!"...Thank You Again so Much Melissa, From the bottom of my Heart.
-Deanne Hazelwood (Nov. 6th, 2011)