Monday, October 3, 2011

MY BABY BLUES

This cake was done entirely at last minute. It was taken literally a day and a half before its expected completion, while it Regularly takes me about 3 days for the Entire process! It is curve balls in life such as these, that smack you right in the middle of the head, and reveal your most hidden talents and abilities. I have never done a cake so fast, let alone found the time to breathe in between the process. Yet I was loving every second of mind practically bursting with questions and Ideas such as, how to work the color scheme, how to incorporate a pattern to break the solid colors in the design. I even remember thinking, "hmm...Black might be cute on this cake......Black for the Lettering!....Black balls on the Shoes? Yes!...and before I knew it, there it was yet another contrast of color only enhancing the bright blue and spectacular yellows already existing on the cake. It turned out adorable and I was more than happy to Whip it up out of no where for a Co-worker of mine at the Lazy Dog Cafe. Thank You Erik for Trusting me and being so Happy with it in the end :)