Monday, June 4, 2012

PAOLA'S 1ST COMMUNION

This Cake was specially created for a friend of mine, Mayte Avila for her niece Paola's 1st Holy Communion on May 27th, 2012. She sent me a ton of 1st communion cake pictures through her Pinterest album for inspiration and I fell in love with the Innocent Sweet Bliss that each cake represented. As a practicing Catholic-Christian myself, I understood how special and priceless this day was for a family. With Mayte's color choices of light pink, light purple and yellow, I found a way to make it as sweet as possible. The pillow top imprinted pattern, along with delicate bows, hand crafted laced rosary and edible pearls, was perfect for Paola. Mayte's request for an Angel on top also, sparked my inspiration and totally made the cake! I was so excited for them to see it and I was more than happy to learn how much they loved it!




EVERYONE loved it!!!! (don't be surprised if you get an email or two from people interested in your making a cake!!!!!) Everyone kept on asking who made it, and it was DELICIOUS!!!! and my now god-daughter loved it as well!!!!! A work of art, courtesy of Melissa Anne Bowman!!!  Red velvet and french vanilla cake with cookies and cream filling!!! THANK YOU!!!
-Mayte Avila [May 27th, 2012]