Monday, June 4, 2012

SHARK OBSESSION

This super fun cake was created for some family friends of ours, Bob and Linda for their nephew Jacob's 6th birthday! Bob could not express how much Jacob LOVES Sharks and that the word obsession was only an understatement. Linda gave me complete freedom with the design of this cake so I pulled some fun detail ideas, such as the bitten surfboard, the enlarged lifesaver and a giant shark on top of the cake from my previous "Shark Attack" cake that I created last year. Aqua Blue, Grey, and Red are some of my favorite colors to coordinate with shark themes and they turned out so cute for this cake! My favorite part was my last minute decision to incorporate a striped pattern around the cake to add dimension and spunk. It MADE the cake, and Bob and Linda absolutely loved it! Thank you both so much again for contacting me for Jacob's Cake. It meant the world to me. 




Hi Melissa -  OMG I loved the cake you did and so did all the other guests.  I was so amazed how gorgeous it was and it matched perfectly with the party theme that we had.  And it was so moist and delicious.  My mouth is watering just remembering the taste...Once again thank you Melissa. Love, Bob and Linda
-Linda Gerry [June 5th, 2012]