Monday, June 4, 2012

TRAVEL IN STYLE & VINTAGE

This Cake so happens to be My Latest, Most Favorite Cake Yet that took a total of about 14 Hours to Hand Create and Design! It was made for one of my Best Friends, Krista LaRee Ahlgrim for her Going Away Party held on June 1st, 2012. After her long awaited Graduation from Cal State University San Marcos with her Bachelors Degree in Communications, she finally decided to pack up and begin the next chapter of her life in Colorado. As we said our goodbyes,  I could not think of a more perfect gift for my friend of 13 Years to begin her new life. I loved having the opportunity to dedicate 14 Hours to making her Smile and feel THAT MUCH more appreciated and special on this day. I used the technique of edible imagery printing on edible frosting paper to create the intricate pink and purple floral fabric pouring out of the suitcase and hand rolled the cream and bright purple fondant to perfection! I draped the "fabrics" to look ridiculously real and paired them with a shimmer dusted fondant pearl necklace and My Hand cut Vintage key painted in 24 Karat Edible Gold Powder & Vodka to achieve a metallic elegance. Everyone on at the Party, Fell in LOVE with My Cake design and went crazy over the details. It felt amazing to receive so much praise for my work and even more amazing to feel the biggest hug alive from Krista! I am so happy that you Loved it Krispy, Good Luck in Colorado, I love you!




Krista and I! 
13 Years and Counting <3

French Vanilla Cake w/ ButterFinger Chunk Filling